Stacy Pinto, PhD, NCC
Department of Counseling Psychology,
Clinical Assistant Professor
Email me at Stacy.Pinto@du.edu
PhD Montclair State University
MA Montclair State University
- queer issues across the life span
- sexual identity labeling and language
Licenses & Certifications:
- Certified School Counselor (New Jersey)
- Licensed Associate Counselor (New Jersey)
- Board-Certified Counselor (National Board for Certified Counselors)
Select Current & Recent Projects:
- Pinto, S. & Gentry, K. (2018, September). An intentional approach to integrating sexuality into counselor education and practice, 2018 NARACES Conference, Burlington, VT.
- Grant, K., Pinto, S.& Levitt, D. (2018, September). Merging the art and science of counseling through the use of Portraiture as a qualitative method of inquiry, 2018 NARACES Conference, Burlington, VT.
- Lardier, D., Bermea, A.,Pinto, S.,Garcia-Reid, P. & Reid, R. (2017). The relationship between sexual minority status and suicidal ideations among urban Hispanic adolescents. Journal of LGBT Issues in Counseling, 11(3), 174-189.
- Pinto, S., Lardier, D. T., Brammer, M. K., Garcia-Reid, P. & Reid, R. (under review). Effects of social connection on school bullying and suicidal ideation in queer youth of color.
- Pinto, S., Lardier, D. T., Kooyman, L. & Dzik, P. (in progress). Counseling sexual minority identified clients: Implications for training and supervision.
- Pinto, S. (in progress). Sexual identity labeling and language: How we choose to express ourselves and what it could mean.
Learn more about the School Counseling faculty at Morgridge College of Education.